Intimacy problems widely occur behind a variety of closed doors. Conflicts may include a loss of harmony between the sheets, a lack of sexual desire between either partners or failure in communication. There are often psychological factors that may contribute to a sexual disorder such as erectile dysfunction, or a lowered desire after a new mother has given birth. Intimacy issues are common, but if one or more become severe and there is no resolution in sight, it may be time to seek therapy for guidance.
What Makes a Satisfactory Relationship?
• Mutual Respect
Some of the signs that sex problems are affecting a relationship include:
• Disappointment in oneself or the relationship
• One or both partners are feeling dissatisfied
• Couples lack communication and disconnect from one another
• One or both partners feel neglected or unwanted
• A feeling of sexual boredom or unhappiness
Steps to take for treating intimacy issues begin with:
• Psychosexual Therapy: this technique allows couples to express themselves in a safe environment with a trusted and supportive professional.
• Relationship Counseling: healthy relationships require strong connections and time to build trust. Whatever the issue may be, a counselor can work with individuals together or separate to overcome the problem.
Please note that The Path to Well-Being office will remain open and are accepting new clients. We are also able to offer telehealth or online couples or marriage counseling or online therapist service options to those who would prefer to access services remotely. Please contact the office for further information. An online counselor can provide the help you need for anxiety, depression and stress! Tricare, self pay and Kaiser Permanente clients welcomed
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY AND THE CITIES OF MANASSAS, DALE CITY, WOODBRIDGE, BRISTOW, GAINESVILLE, HAYMARKET, ALEXANDRIA, ARLINGTON, FAIRFAX, LEESBURG, FREDERICKSBURG, WASHINGTON D.C. AND SURROUNDING AREAS. SPECIALIZE IN VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES, DIGITAL HEALTH/TELEHEALTH/ONLINE COACHING & COUNSELING OR THERAPY AVAILABLE